Monday 23 January 2012

George's thoughts: Danny Care arrest



If I read the news it would often be the sports section. In further detail the rugby. A story that really caught my eye was the arrest of England scrum half Danny Care, Due to disorderly conduct towards the police because of a very high consumption of alcohol. He quoted “We had just played a tough game and I was out with some of the team and friends but should have remembered that, as a professional player, I am on duty throughout the season and need to set a better example to the fans." There have been many consequences of the young player’s foolishness including an undisclosed fine paid to his club (Harlequins) which was donated to the Teenage cancer trust. Danny Care’s slip up has cost him a place in the EPS (elite players’ squad) ahead of the 6 nations. He will be kicking himself as he missed a chance in the earlier world cup as he suffered a toe injury.

This story makes me think about the kind of role models that sportsmen are. There is always a negative to a person who possesses such a talent. It also made me think about would Jesus Be a sportsman. If yes what sport would he play? I’m sure that if he did it would not be a contact sport as he I’m sure would never set out to hurt anyone as he said in his teachings “Love thy neighbour”.

1 comment:

  1. Gus says; I like this post because of the relationship with the story and the ten commandments. I also think that it says that Jesus is a gentle person,

    ReplyDelete